If it’s one thing us athletes need it’s hydration! And let’s be honest, I can’t get enough of sports bottles.
Erica over at Wenger (maker of the Swiss Army Knife) sent me over two eco water bottles to test out:
Here’s what makes the eco-bottle different from other sports bottles:
And then it was time for the true test: a night out at cheer and crossfit.
Both bottles travelled with me and got put through my 3 hours of intense training. Here’s what I love about the Wenger eco-bottles:
- Their size. I love that they are 650ml and 800ml while keeping their thin frame. They are easy to transport and I’m getting SO much water. Who has time to refill a water bottle during a 20 second water break?
- They are aluminum so they don’t have that gross smell that stainless steel tends to carry off.
- I like that the “dualtop” that came with my white bottle. The option to not use the “wide mouth” while drinking is beyond perfect for me. I am not the classiest girl when it comes to wide mouth bottles and I ALWAYS manage to spill on my self. This size makes me look like a classy Kate Middleton:
- The dualtop is perfect to take a quick gulp from on the sidelines, your yoga mat, or office desk.
- These little guys are health and earth friendly. BPA and Phthalate free? Yes, please!
What I didn’t love about the Wenger eco-bottles:
- The “sporttop” is designed for you to drink it in it’s upright position. When I have a sports top I like to throw my head back dramatically and chug my water like a pro football player. I can’t help it, we all have habits. I found that when I drank out of the bottle in an upright position, I didn’t get enough water for the quick drink break that I had. Because I also throw my head back while running this bottle isn’t ideal for my treadmill workouts.
**Wenger did send me these products for free in exchange for a review. As always, Wenger was not guaranteed a positive review and all the opinions stated are my own.