Ever since I bought my beautiful ice cream maker I have been craaaving sorbet. A fat free deliciously sweet dessert?! Yes, please!
On my market trip, there were the most scrumptious looking strawberries and my sister Julia brought up a brilliant idea- it was sorbet time! And it’s seriously one of the easiest treats I have ever made.
4 Cups of Fresh Strawberries
2 Cups of Water
1 1/2 Cups of Granulated Sugar
Pinch of Salt
3. In a saucepan, add the water and the sugar and heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Add your strawberries until they are soft and all of the strawberry juice is in the liquid and your berries have lost all of their redness and have turned white.
5. Add your pinch of salt.
6. Move your mixture into a medium sized bowl.
7. Using a hand mixer, puree your berries.
8. Move your mixture into a Tupperware container with a lid and leave your mixture in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
9. Add your mixture to your ice cream maker for 15- 20 minutes.
10. Add your sorbet into a sugar bowl and top with fresh strawberries.