Saturday’s have become my favourite days to wake up early in the morning because it’s market day! I love going to the farmer’s market and getting some fresh fruit and veg. I was really hoping to get some flowers to go on my desk but apparently June is still too early for all of the fun flowers to come out. My green thumb side is still learning. I did manage to fill up my box/bag with some great veg:
So yummy! Now you may be saying, “Siobhan, what is a box/bag?!” Well, my sister found these amazing things at the Longo’s grocery store. They look like they are a big canvas box but they fold up so that they are so flat and small and easy to store:
You know you are a loser when things like this excite you. It’s OK, I’m alright with the world knowing how geeky I am. Onto a more exciting topic, “What’s in your bag?!” Instead of showing you what’s inside my purse, today it’s all about my market day finds! #FoodRevolution. I told you I’m really into my twitter these days. Tweet Me @TweetingSiobhan I dare you!
1. Delicious strawberries. I’m so excited to show you what these little guys will become on What I Ate Wednesday! Stay tuned because it’s going to be a good one!
2. Pure Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon Marmalade. You know you are from Ireland and/or England when you love to wake up to marmalade on toast with a cup of tea.
3. Potatoes!! Obviously, you can find potatoes in any Irish girls bag. And from the market, even better! I mean, the soil is still on those little guys!
4. Asparagus. I love to boil my asparagus until they are soft and then add some butter and fry them on the frying pan. Or in this summer heat, I love to boil them and then throw them on the BBQ. Too yummy!
5. Rhubarb. OK, here’s a confession. I have never bought rhubarb and I have never made it with anything in my life. So, I decided that I would buy it and spice up my life by making something new with it. Something tells me it’s going to be a recipe in the pie family.
Now, you may be saying that in the first picture you saw a head of lettuce poking out of my box. That wasn’t mine, it’s Julia’s. But I’m sure she will make me a yummy salad to eat when I hang by her pool when the weather gets nice and hot again. *Hint* *Hint*
After the Farmer’s Market we headed to Lowe’s because everyone loves a trip to your local home, gardening, and renovation store. As you know, I have an obsession with The Amazing Race. I just want to be on it. And it was just like I was yesterday:
I love the Travelocity gnome! I didn’t buy him because I really could not justify buying this little guy. So instead, we chilled on the swing and pretended like we were prepping ourselves for the last leg of the race where my team would win. It’s good to dream. Or in my case, just look like a crazy person to all the other shoppers.
Have a wonderful Sunday amigos! x x