This week I have been making a conscious effort to drink green tea at least once a day. Green tea has so many benefits but my favourite is the prevention of skin cancer and many other cancers that can occur in your major organs.
- The predominant polyphenols in green tea- ECHH, EGC, ECG, and EC along with theaflavins and thearubigins in black teas have antioxidant activity.
- EGCG and ECG have free radical that can protect cells from DNA damage.
- Tea polyphenols prevent tumour cell reproduction.
- Tea polyphenols may protect against damage caused by ultraviolet B radiation and may regulate the function of your immune system.
- Green teas also activate detoxification enzymes that help protect you against tumour development.
What’s in your secret sweet stash?!