When I go to the Market I always buy a HUGE bag of spinach. I absolutely love it. For the cold seasons for my Spinach Soup and the summer for my Spinach, Tomato, and Egg in a One Bun. It’s my favourite go-to sandwich when you have surprise visits from your friends on the weekend around lunch time. It’s the perfect patio meal.
If you don’t know the One Bun, it’s my latest bread family obsession from Costco. It’s a whole grain pita filled with flax seed, rye, barley, and sunflowers seeds. And it gets better- they are so thin! Not thin enough to break, and not thick enough to give you a million carbs.
Spinach, Tomato, and Egg in a One Bun.
1 One Bun
Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
*For the Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, I like to make my own. And it’s so simple to make! Get a glass bottle that you want to store your Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) in. I use a 370 ml bottle. Mix together 2 parts EVOO to 1 part of Apple Cider Vinager. Get 4 cloves of garlic. Peel off the skins and cut off the hard ends at both ends of each clove. Put all four whole cloves into your bottle with the lid on. Cap your Garlic EVOO with the lid and turn your bottle upside down so that the cloves float to the opposite end of the bottle. You now have Garlic EVOO! And it tastes better the longer you let the bottle sit and should last you a while too!
1. Put your egg into a pot full of water. Bring the water to a boil and put the temperature to a low-medium setting and let the egg boil for 8 minutes until it is hard. (Time may vary depending on your stove)
2. Heat up a frying pan and pur some Garlic EVOO into the pan. Add you spinach. Once your spinach starts to shrivel down add the tomatoes. When your tomatoes become soft, add your parmesan cheese.
3. Toast Your One Bun and then spread some mayo on both pieces of bread.
4. Take your egg out of the pot and run it under cold water to give your egg shell shock. Tap your egg on the counter and pull off all of the shell. Slice your egg by either using an egg slicer or a knife.
5. Put your spinach mixture ontop of your One Bun followed by the egg slices. Add some black pepper to taste. And put the second bun intop and you are ready to serve!
Bon Appetite, friends!